What are cookies?
A cookie is a file or a piece of data that is downloaded onto a user’s terminal in order to store data that may be updated or recovered by the organization responsible for installing it. That is to say, it is a file that is downloaded onto the user’s computer when they access specific websites. Cookies enable websites to store and recover information about a user or device’s browsing habits, and, depending on the information contained therein and the way in which the device is used, cookies may also be used to recognise the user.
Types of Cookies
Different types of cookies exist, which vary depending on their nature and which are classified in the following manner:
According to their conservation period:
According to their purpose:
- Session cookies: these cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user is accessing a website. These are usually used for storing information that is conserved in order to supply the requested service on a single occasion (for example, a list of purchased products). As such these cookies will disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies store data on the device and they can be accessed and processed during the period of time that is defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the managing entity:
- Technical cookies: these cookies allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services contained therein. These include cookies that are used by the editor for managing and operating the website and to enable its functions and services (such as controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas and similar technical purposes).
- Personalisation cookies: these are cookies that remember specific information, which results in certain features being activated when the user accesses the service, meaning therefore that their experience on the website may differ to that of other users, for example, in terms of the language, the number of results shown in their searches, the look or content of the service depending on the browser used to access the service or the region from which they are accessing the service, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies enable the party responsible for the cookies to track and analyse user behaviour on linked websites, which includes measuring the impact of their advertisements. The information collected through these cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms, making it possible to improve the service offered by analysing data on how the users use the service.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies store information on the user’s online behaviour. This information is obtained through the continuous observation of the user’s browsing habits, therefore making it possible to build a profile based on their interests and show relevant advertisements based on this profile.
What type of cookies are used on this website?
- Own cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is managed by the owner, which is where the service requested by the user is provided from.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner, but which is managed by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Specifically, this website uses the following cookies:
How can I manage my cookie settings?
This section will briefly explain how you can consult and configurate cookies on the most commonly used browsers.
Practically all browsers allow users to obtain general information about the cookies that are installed on a website in order to verify their existence, their duration, and the manner in which they can be deleted. A set of related links have been included for informative purposes:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
On the other hand, by modifying their browser’s settings according to the relevant instructions, the user may permit, block or delete the cookies that are installed on their computer. For informational purposes, you are hereby informed that the cookie settings can usually be changed in the “Preferences” or “Tools” menu of each browser, and in any case, if you have any problems regarding this issue it will be possible to request assistance from your browser.
It is important to note that if cookies are not installed, this may affect the content of the website, as well as certain features and services that are provided therein.
International cookie transfers
You can find out about any transfers that could be made to third countries by the third-parties that are identified in this cookies policy by consulting their corresponding Cookies policies (check out the links included in the “Third-party Cookies” section.
Creation of profiles
In this case, profiles are created that may involve automated decisions with potential legal effects or similar consequences. For this purpose, the following application criteria are applicable when creating said profiles: (insert profile creation criteria).
The period for which the data collected through the cookies shall be conserved will depend on the purpose for which it was collected, notwithstanding the provisions established by law.